Averie's Rainbow Theme First Birthday

It went off without a hitch! 

Averie's first birthday party was a success! 
Our outfits were finished in time thanks to my talented mom! 
The cake turned out great even though I am not a baker by any means.
And everyone loved the sliders we made! 
It was such a nice birthday party.

Here are some photos from Averie's Rainbow Theme First Birthday Party!

 Why a rainbow theme party? Well it all started when we went to visit my cousin Laura in Indiana. We stopped at a fabric shop, The Scarlet Thread Quilt Co., to look for some fabric for some dresses Laura wanted my mom to try to make for Audrey. While we were there my mom and I found a rainbow chevron pattern that we liked. I thought it would be neat if my mom could make Averie a dress and then make me a skirt to match. From that I got the idea to make this invitation.


I also designed this chalkboard birthday poster. These are all the craze right now on Etsy. 
Click on the image to go to my Etsy shop!


My oh so talented mom sewed these outfits for Averie and I to go along with the theme.

A nice family photo before the craziness takes place!


Outside decorations

Inside I designed this pennant birthday banner!

I put together a little display of her birthday poster as a 5x7, some photos from when she was born, photos that people could take, her outfit from the hospital and her hat, and then I also put on a shelf all of the monthly photos I took of her over the last year as you can see in the background.

Averie had a lot of fun opening her gifts! 
She is the most precious little girl in my eyes!



Averie is such a ham!




Auntie Bethany got Averie her own bun-bun! Long story, but basically her auntie gave her the same stuffed animal that Bethany has still to this day! 
What a cute idea! Averie is lucky to have such a sweet aunite!

And what is a birthday without a minor meltdown!!!
Most people don't think she looks like me, but yikes, she sure has my BOLD personality!

And then the cake! This was a piece of work to put together.
It was not hard, but it was time consuming. I found the recipe on Martha Stewart's website,
but I used cream cheese frosting instead found here

 


This cake was a lot of fun to make. I am not a baker and to have this amazing presentation at the end really made me feel good!

Since I was running around like a crazy lady, I was unable to snap photos like I normally do. I want to thank Kyle for taking such great shots while I was busy.
I am so glad my mom and Justin's mom were able to capture some really nice photos.

It was a lovely day spent with wonderful family and friends.
We are so lucky to have such amazing people and generous people in our lives.

Thank you for making Averie's first birthday so magical for all of us!

 
Grandma Brenda and her grand-daughters

  Alyssa and Averie (Averie doesn't look too happy!)

 Milo waiting under the table for food to fall.

 Averie and her Great-Grandma Marchita


3 comments:

  1. Wow it all came out really nice. Happy birthday to your little girl.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It was the most perfect day. After a year of changing diapers, getting food spit at me, and all the many more great things that go along with being a mommy, it is no wonder why I would want bring out my creative side. We kept a baby alive for an entire year. Now that is worth celebrating! :-)

      Delete
  2. Pleased to know about the brilliantly arranged rainbow theme. Heard a lot about praiseworthy services provided at event space Atlanta from my friends. I think booking one of them for our official meet would be a great idea. A sophisticated lunch or dinner with red wine and variety desserts would be highly impressive for clients.

    ReplyDelete