Weekend Recap

Friday evening after Justin got home from work, the three of us took a long bike ride. Averie loves being in the bike trailer. The first time she fell asleep in the back I almost had a heart attack. All of a sudden I looked over and she was slumped over. I yelled at Justin to stop, threw my bike down and ran over to her. She opened her eyes and looked up at me like "what, what, what. what did I miss." Hopefully I will only be a spazzy mommy for a little while longer! We love the bike trailer. It is a perfect way for us to get exercise and gives us a little break from playing with baby toys!

Saturday I went to Minneapolis to visit one of my BFF's for a fun adult's only girls weekend. I still am not ready to be away from Averie for more than one night, but it is nice to have a little getaway once in a while. It was such a fun weekend. Saturday we went wine tasting at Surdyk's. I absolutely love this shop. Back at Kelly's house we had a nice time just talking about anything and everything. We had a champagne and cheese sampling for dinner. Later in the evening Kelly and I went out dancing at the W Hotel Bar. Kelly and I love dancing. We always have so much fun together.

Kelly was hosting a baby shower Sunday. She made basil lemonade and had me try some of it...AMAZING! Basically she made basil infused simple syrup. Squeezed lemons for fresh lemon juice. Mix that with ice and water...and some vodka of course. It was delish.

Here is a recipe I found, but change to your liking.
Spiked Basil-Lemonade recipe step by step

I was so excited to come home to my three loves (Justin, Averie and Milo of course). Since Averie sees me all day every day, I love how excited and happy she gets when she sees me after being away from her. She had so much fun with her daddy while I was gone though. 

 Look at these two...Averie certainly is her daddy's little girl.


2 comments:

  1. Basil is great in so many things. I have used it to make cookies and they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies?! I would love to see that recipe. Do you have it posted somewhere?

    ReplyDelete