Gas Pains = Ultrasound!

February 9, 2012 - We have our 12 week appointment tomorrow to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I have been waiting for this day because all of this will finally become a reality and then we can tell the world that we are having a baby...pretty much everyone already knows because we were too excited to keep quiet!

So I am driving to a meeting and I start to feel pain in my right upper abdomen behind my ribs. I sit through this hour long meeting and it just get worse. Finally I suck it up and go to the ER because it was so painful I was crying. I call Justin hysterical and he comes to the ER. We sit through blood tests and nothing is really wrong. They did say that I need to watch my gall bladder after the baby is born, but long story short...I just had gas!

The cool thing that came out of all of this is that we got to see an ultrasound of the baby. The doctor said it was the most active baby he has seen in a long time. It was so funny watching the little bugger waving arms and kicking legs. It was so precious. Later Justin said "this was just your plan so you could get an early ultrasound wasn't it?" Seriously no, but cool nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment