Yard Love

Our house is 5-6 years old. When Justin moved in, the yard needed a lot of work. Justin takes a lot of pride in his yard and house and so do I. We like to keep the yard looking nice with flowers, plants and bushes. Justin put in a sprinkler system a few years ago, so the grass always look marvelous even in a drought like last year. I love our house and yard so much. It is all very cozy and relaxing. 

I wanted to share some photos of our yard. 
This way we will be able to look back and see how things have grown.

 This is our front yard. When Averie is napping, I try to get the grass cut when I have time, 
so we have more time together as a family when Justin gets home from work. 
I felt creative this day and went diagonal!



 These are the maple trees that were planted a few years ago. We desperately wait for them to grow.

 
Justin's dad made this Wine Bottle Tree for me last year for my birthday. I love it! 
I just need more wine bottles and some different colors.

 These are lemon grass spirea. They are so bright and colorful. The picture does not do justice.

One lilac bush that is older. 
 
Our new  lilac bushes...patiently waiting for them to grow.









 

This is our variegated lilac bush, Sensation Lilac. This is my favorite. 
Along the back of our house we have a couple hydrangea, a rose bush and some hosta.
This area is very new, so not doing too much yet.




4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica. I saw your post on bloggymoms, and several things you said caught my attention. First, I have a daughter named Averi too. I love how you spell it. We named ours Averiella but call her Averi for short and now I wish we would have taught her to spell it with the e on the end. Second, I love wine too! Third, I love your layout with all the photos. Fourth, I'm trying to get more followers too at my site http://glennbabies.blogspot.com and I signed up to follow you through email but didn't see a spot to sign up as a follower on the side like mine has. I've always been a writer but am now trying to learn all this marketing/technology stuff to help promote a book I'm hoping to see published come August. Feel free to browse me archives for writing ideas. I am a very honest about motherhood writer. Some post will make you laugh, some cry, some think, some may even anger some people. It's great to meet/find you and hope you get a chance to check me out over at Time with A & N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback. I put the Followers on mt blog now on the side so please follow when you can. I did go on yours and followed you as well. I can't wait to read more. What is your book about? Do you have a spot on your blog that talks about it?

      Delete
  2. I love working in the yard too. Lilac bushes are the best, we had a yard full of them growing up, white, purple and lavender. They are so pretty when they are in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Ann. We can't wait for ours to get bigger. They act as a nice natural fence.

      Delete